Applications are open to students studying at tertiary level in Dunedin, who are undertaking a degree which incorporates a project (research report, dissertation or thesis) related to either the technical, social or economic issues associated with the brewing industry.
Application Process - Closing date 1 December 2015
Applicants are required to submit an application by the closing date of 1 December, for research commencing the following year, to Emerson’s Brewery at:
c/- Emerson’s Brewery
PO Box 6514, Dunedin 9059
Application should include:
- A two-page project description.
- A brief Curriculum Vitae.
- Optional - An official (or certified copy) of Academic Transcript(s).
Applicants are encouraged to discuss their research proposals with Emerson’s Brewery staff prior to the submission of their application.
- The scholarship is valued at $3,500 (per annum).
- The scholarship shall be paid on confirmation of enrolment in the course of study for which the scholarship is given.
- Should the recipient withdraw from their degree, or be deemed to be making unsatisfactory progress, payment of the scholarship shall cease.
- The scholarship will be awarded for one year in the first instance; however the scholarship may be extended for up to three years for PhD candidates, conditional on evidence of satisfactory progress and available funds.
- The scholarship must be taken up for the year for which it is awarded.
- The scholarship may be held concurrently with other awards or scholarships.
Each Scholarship recipient must agree to be reasonably available to participate in interviews and promotional activities if requested by Emerson’s Brewery. Time limits for the use of such material shall be agreed between Emerson’s Brewery and the recipient, but shall not extend more than two years beyond the recipient’s date of graduation for the degree for which the Scholarship is awarded. Agreement on the ownership of intellectual property arising from the supported research will need to be reached prior to the final confirmation of the award. Scholarship recipients will be expected to attend an annual function associated with the launch of that years JP beer, on or around 2 June, and give a brief speech about their research project.